RIDES Customized Dodge Dart Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia
1. How to Enter. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: (a) To enter online, log onto at http://www.winthedodgedart.com (“Site”) and follow the directions to enter between 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 1, 2012 and 11:59:59 pm ET on April 30, 2013. You must include on the online entry form your first and last name, date of birth and email address. (b) Send a piece of paper (no larger than 8.5” x 11”) including your name, address, date of birth, phone number and mail in an envelope with proper postage to RIDES Dodge Dart Sweepstakes, 1115 Broadway, 8th floor, New York, NY 10010. All mailed entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2013 and received by April 6, 2013.
Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, postage-due, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries or mail, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 am ET on November 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on March 31, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the forty-eight contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry and have a valid driver’s license. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, outside of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Harris Publications, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Chrysler Group LLC, NBC Universal, NGL Media and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about April 11, 2013. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Harris Publications, Inc. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a customized 2013 Dodge Dart SXT (“Grand Prize Vehicle”). Grand Prize Vehicle will be customized by Lux Motorwerks (“Custom Vehicle Builder”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $40,000. Grand Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner.
Sponsor will determine all features, specifications and customizations of the Grand Prize Vehicle, including but not limited to color of exterior, in its sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor will use all reasonable efforts, subject to availability, to deliver Grand Prize Vehicle within 45 days of receipt of a completed Affidavit/Release (see below). Released Parties are not responsible for any delays in the delivery of Grand Prize Vehicle. Grand Prize winner (“winner”) bears risk of damage to Grand Prize Vehicle after delivery to specified delivery site. Winner is solely responsible for any unspecified costs, including inspection, tax, title, and license fees, registration fees, insurance, gasoline, vehicle maintenance, and any other costs incurred in claiming, registering, or using the Grand Prize Vehicle. In order to accept the Grand Prize vehicle, winner must possess and present adequate personal identification, evidence of legally required insurance, and a valid U.S. driver’s license.
WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE VEHICLE IS NOT “NEW” AND THAT IT HAS BEEN CUSTOMIZED.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, CHRYSLER GROUP LLC, NBC UNIVERSAL, NGL MEDIA, LUX MOTORWERKS, ANY MECHANICS HIRED TO SERVICE VEHICLE, ANY PREVIOUS OR CURRENT DRIVERS OR OWNERS OF THE VEHICLE OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, AFFILIATED OR SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY USE, MISUSE, ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESION OF GRAND PRIZE VEHICLE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE VEHICLE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WINNER HEREBY AGREES THAT RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE GRAND PRIZE VEHICLE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS. RELEASED PARTIES expressly disclaim any liability for the workmanship, goods, services or any other aspect of the customization, with the understanding that should there be any defect, irregularity or omission as to the customization of the grand prize vehicle, released parties will have no liability.
WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH APPLICABLE VEHICLE SAFETY, EMISSIONS, AND REGISTRATION LAWS. RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE GRAND PRIZE VEHICLE WILL MEET ANY PERFORMANCE CLAIMS MADE IN ANY VEHICLE DESCRIPTIONS OR ADVERTISEMENTS, SUCH AS HORSEPOWER OR MEASURES.
VEHICLE IS AWARDED AT WINNER’S RISK. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, WINNER ACCEPTS THE RISK RELATED THERETO, INCLUDING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, DISFIGUREMENT AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WINNER’S USE OF THE PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL AND MAN-MADE FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE USE, AND WINNER ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES, AND WINNER AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY, DISFIGUREMENT AND/OR DEATH.
6. Notification. Winner will be notified by email or phone based on means of entry and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. WINNER WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN A TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP INDEMNIFYING AND HOLDING THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LAWSUIT AND LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE GRAND PRIZE VEHICLE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR WRONGFUL DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, VEHICLE INTEGRITY, ROADWORTHINESS OR ANY DEFECT, MALFUNCTION OR FAILURE OF THE VEHICLE TO OPERATE. If Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit/Liability/Publicity Release and other documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any online entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, FOR SAKE OF CLARITY, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
12. Winner’s Name. To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2012 to Custom Dodge Dart Sweepstakes Winner Name, Attn: Kara Sloman, Harris Publications, 1115 Broadway, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010.
13. Sponsor. Harris Publications, Inc., 1115 Broadway, New York, NY 10010.